RECREATIONAL STRUCTURED PARTNER DANCING (RSPD)
*WELCOME to the 29th Year of BSSDC Sequence Dancing
Our next dance is on the 14/08/22 with – Live music by Walter Willans
“BREAKING NEWS” After more than 23 years – we’re moving from the Wellers Hill Bowls Club to the Holland Park – State High School
FAREWELL Dance 28 August @ WHBC – INAUGURAL Dance 11 September @ Holland Park SHS Baupame Road, Holland Park
Click this link https://youtu.be/57s8g9OUH60 to view the Platinum Waltz on YouTube
*For more information phone Jess on 0418 796 802 or email: email@example.com
Why not join our dance club? Annual membership is only $15 and members receive $2 off door price with FREE entry to the Christmas dance in December (membership form are available on Entry)
- Entry: Members $10 and Visitors $12.
- We have regular Committee meetings before the dance @ 3:30pm – All WELCOME to attend.
- The raffle offers 2 chances to win $20 cash and the lucky door ticket provides FREE entry to a subsequent dance.
- The LUCKY SPOT dance offers 1 lucky couple the chance to win a block of chocolate each.
Download BSSDC MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION Form Click Here
MEMBERSHIP FEE RENEWALS – direct-deposit payment on-line *please add your full name for reference:
BSB 014 295 (ANZ Mt Ommaney) Account 1828 85072
“Prior to attending if you have any flu like symptoms – Please get tested & isolate before returning”
To View & Print our Dance Pool, CLICK Here.
N.B. Due to changing COVID-19 Safety restrictions, some dance venues may still have some restrictions in place. Therefore, prior to attending any of the dances below, we suggest you contact the venue operator.
Brisbane & Surrounds Dance Venues:
- Alan and Lynelle Armitage Monday weekly classes @ Cornwall St, Annerley – will not resume in 2022 – please Click here to read A&L “Hello Fellow Dancers!” letter. N.B. For information on private classes in A&L’s Richlands studio, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0438 159 761.
- Beenleigh Senior Citizens Club at 20 Alamein St, Beenleigh, run old time, new vogue & english sequence dances every Wednesday at 8:30am, starting with a walk-through dance/s, including a newly revised rotational program. For more info call Marilyn on 0422 685 758.
- Brisbane Sunday Social Dance Club Inc. (BSSDC) practice dances are on the 2nd & 4th Sundays in the month (excluding Dec.) starting at 5:30pm at the Wellers Hill Bowls Club, 34 Esher St, Tarragindi, For more info Click here & call Jess on 0418 796 802.
- City Sequence Dancers dance in the Bris. City Hall every Monday at 10:30am for more info Click here & call Geoff Newman C/- Geoff Barke on 0411 040 90.
- Cleveland – Donald Simpson Centre Elaine & Doreen run weekly Tuesday practice dances at 1pm, & 2nd & 4th Saturdays monthly at 7pm. For more info Click here & call Elaine 0413 686 962 or Doreen 0407 157 556.
- Delma & Graham’s dances are on the 3rd Sunday afternoon & either 2nd or 4th Friday evening each month, in the air-con’d Burnie Brae Centre, 60 Kuran St, Chermside. For more info email email@example.com or call Delma 0431 813 100 or Graham on 0419 678 274.
- Doug Lambert for more info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0407 248 969.
- Eagleby Community Centre Elaine runs weekly Friday practice dancing at Eagleby, for more info Click here & call Elaine on 0413 686 962.
- Gary and Maureen Coppock teach social ballroom dancing group classes at 6:25pm on Mondays & run fortnightly dances on the Ist & 3rd Saturdays in the month at the Eagleby Community Centre Click here to visit their website or call Maureen on 0413 711 315.
- Holland Park Walter Willans provides both Live music & runs practice dances with wife Carol, starting at 7pm every 2nd & 4th Saturday in the month at St. Joachim’s Hall, 24/26 Crown St, Holland Park with tea/coffee & biscuits provided. Email email@example.com or for more info call Carol on 0439 112 405 – Click here to visit their website.
- Lets Dance Ballroom Trisha runs group classes in the Nundah Memorial Hall, 1a Bage Street, Nundah Click here to visit her website, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0412 308 641 prior to attending.
- Peak Crossing practice dances, have LIVE music with air-con, on the 3rd & 5th Friday in the month, call Ann-Marie on 0407 111 632. Click here to visit their website.
- Phdeliah runs the Dance Dance Dance newsletter, which is a comprehensive list of what’s on where & when. For more info email email@example.com or call 0428 137 962. *For dance events Only SMS 0428 005 040 (no voice mail available).
- Salisbury Senior Citizens Club provide old time, new vogue & english sequence dances with light refreshments on Monday & Friday afternoons from 1:30 – 4pm, with CD music & LIVE music on occasions. Our venue is ideal for dancing, with air-con & easy off-road parking, for more info call Ken Dunne on 0466 28 4898.
Brisbane & Surrounds Dance Musicians:
- Patti Bond and Tony Gilbert produce new vogue & sequence LIVE dance music, with LIVE vocals @ various venues & on DVDs Click here to visit their website.
- Kevin & Janet O’Neil provide new vogue & sequenced recorded dance music with LIVE vocals for more information call 0415 755 899.
- Walter Willans provides LIVE social ballroom dance music for new vogue & sequence styles. CD’s available – Click here to visit Walter’s website or call 0438 432 854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
QLD. Dance Directory & Resources:
- Dance Directory provides a comprehensive on-line listing of Queensland dance venues & services. Click here to visit their website.
- 4 Ballroom Dance Co-op facilitate Dance – Music (library & licensing) – Operations and History (archive resources) in the partnered dance community. For more info Click here to visit their website.
Interstate Dance Venues:
- Sue & Ross Kramer run the Ballroom Moves studio in Western Australia. Click here to visit their website.
- Up Beat Dancing run & teach dances in Tasmania. Click here to visit their website.
Dance Sequence Walk-through DVD’s: