“BREAKING NEWS” Due to current Covid-19 Safety restrictions being extended till Friday 06/08/21, our scheduled Sunday’s 25/07/21 dance has been CANCELLED! Our next RSPD practice dance will (HOPEFULLY) resume on 08/08/21, if so the 5:30pm lesson will be the San Marino Saunter followed by dancing @ 6pm with Live Music by Walter Willans.
N.B. In accordance with the above our next Committee meeting will also be on the 08/08/21 @ 3:45pm – All WELCOME to attend!
RECREATIONAL STRUCTURED PARTNER DANCING (RSPD)
Prior to attending our 2nd. & 4th. Sunday dances: 1) Please call Jess to book on 0418 796 802 2) Please familiarise yourself with our Covid-19 Safety Plan (click here) https://brisbanesundaydance.com/bssdc-news/
DANCE VENUES CURRENTLY OPERATING IN ACCORDANCE WITH RSPD COVID-19 SAFETY COMPLIANCE:
- BSSDC practice dancing at the Wellers Hill Bowls Club, 34 Esher St, Tarragindi, please call Jess on 0418 796 802 ahead of attending.
- Alan & Lynelle’s Monday group practice classes at Annerley, however, prior to attending please check your afternoon email to ensure there is no situation that requires the class to be cancelled.
- Cleveland weekly Tuesday practice dancing with Elaine & Doreen, however, please call ahead of attending.
- Elaine’s weekly Friday practice dancing at Eagleby, however, please call ahead of attending.
- Dance Magic, Eagleby – dances start at 7pm on the 1st. & 3rd. Saturday’s in the month. Monday weekly group classes start at 6:25pm. N.B. bookings are essential at all of our dances.
- Delma & Graham’s (air conditioned) Burnie Brae dances are on the 3rd. Sunday in the month & our 2nd. Friday in the month @ 7pm. For more details call Delma 0431 813 100 or Graham 0419 678 274. *Address: 60 Kuran St, Chemside.
- Salisbury Senior Citizens – hold weekly Monday & Friday practice dances.
- Walter Willans practice dancing starts @ 7pm every 2nd, 4th & 5th Saturday in the month at St. Joachim’s Hall, 24/26 Crown St, Holland Park. N.B. Please ensure you receive Walter’s emails to be advised of any temporary-substitute Saturday dance – being relocated to the Beenleigh Senior Citizens Club. Bookings are essential at all dances, please call Carol on 0439 112 405, BYO food, drink & personal hand sanitiser.
- Peak Crossing practice dances, have LIVE music in an air-conditioned hall on the 3rd. & 5th. Friday in the month, please call Ann-Marie to book on 0407 111 632.
- Monday weekly City Sequence Dancers start at 10:30am with a new dance pool list, walk-through’s of lesser known dances, BYO food, drink & personal hand sanitiser.
- Doug Lambert’s dance details & bookings are available by calling 0407 248 969.
*Due to ongoing Covid-19 Safety updates, do not attend any dance below – before you directly contact the dance operator.
- Walter Willans provides live social ballroom dance music for new vogue and sequence styles. CD’s available – Click here for more information Walter’s website, ph: 5573 1475 – 0438 432 854 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alan and Lynelle Armitage offer social ballroom dancing group classes from 6:30pm – 9:45pm every Monday at Annerley and private studio lessons at Richlands. Click here to visit their web link. For more information email email@example.com or ph: 0438 159 761
- Peak Crossing practice dances, have LIVE music in an air-conditioned hall, on the 3rd. & 5th. Friday in the month, bookings essential call 0407 111 632. Click here to visit their website.
- Patti Bond and Tony Gilbert produce new vogue and sequence dance music, both live and on DVDs Click here to visit their website.
- Gary and Maureen Coppock offer social ballroom dancing group classes at Eagleby and private studio lessons at Logan Central. They also run fortnightly dances at Eagleby Community Centre. Click here to visit their website.
- Trisha runs group classes at the “Let’s Dance Ballroom” studio in Newmarket. Click here to visit her website.
- George’s Dance is held on the 2nd Saturday at Yeronga State High school. Click here to visit George’s website.
- Beenleigh Senior Citizens Club run old time, new vogue and english sequence dances on 8:30am Wednesday mornings, ph: 3287 1477. Click here to visit their website.
- Salisbury Senior Citizens Club provide old time, new vogue and english sequence dances on Monday and Friday afternoons from 1:30 – 4pm. Live music once a month, air-con venue with light refreshments, for more information ph: 3275 3218.
- Delma & Graham run regular north-side evening dances at Woody Point every Tuesday. In addition to the 2nd Friday night dance at Burnie Brae, Chermside & the 3rd Sunday 2-5pm Burnie Brae dance with Colleen, there is also a 3rd Friday night dance at Redcliffe Senior Citizens. For more information on these & other programs email firstname.lastname@example.org or ph: 3267 6256 – 0419 678 274. Please note: Our 4th Saturday dance at Sandgate Senior Citizens has been cancelled indefinitely. Discussions for another monthly dance at Burnie Brae are ongoing.
- Doug Lambert runs 2 Sunday dances, on the 1st and 3rd Sunday each month. 1st Sunday 5pm at the Ashgrove Bowls Club and 3rd Sunday 2:30pm at the Red Hill Community Sports Club. For more information email email@example.com or ph: 3366 2393 – 0407 248 969.
- Phdeliah runs the Dance Dance Dance newsletter service, which is a comprehensive list of what’s on where & when. Popular field day dance excursions are a speciality. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or ph: 0428 137 962 for dance events only SMS 0428 005 040 (no voice mail available).
- 4 Ballroom Dance Co-op facilitate Dance – Music (library and licensing) – Operations and History (archive resources) in the partnered dance community. For more information Click here to visit their website.
- Dance Directory provides a comprehensive on-line listing of Queensland dance venues and services. Click here to visit their website.
- Alexandria’s Dance Site: provide walk-throughs DVDs. Click here to visit their website.
- Sue & Ross Kramer run the Ballroom Moves studio in Western Australia. Click here to visit their website.
- Up Beat Dancing run and teach dances in Tasmania. Click here to visit their website.
- Sequence Dance UK are online based Click here to visit their website.
- Men & ladies dance shoes for any occasion Phone Cherry on 0427 766 350 at Glitzy Dance Shoes, or visit their website glitzydanceshoes.com.au